CHICK PEA is rich in protein and low in calories which helps in weight loss and fat reduction.
- Chick pea (konda kadalai) – 1 cup (soaked overnight)
- Onion – 1 big (chopped slices)
- Tomato – 2 medium (chopped finely)
- Coconut paste – 1 cup (finely ground)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
- Dhaniya powder – 1 &1/2 tablespoon
- Garam masala – 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 3 tablespoon
- Cinnamon – 1
- Clove – 1
- Cardamon – 1
- Water – 1 cup
In a pressure cooker add oil. Once heated up add cardamon, clove, cinnamon. Now add onion, when turned translucent add ginger garlic paste and cook until raw smell goes off. Add tomato and cook until mushy, add chilli powder, garam masala, dhaniya powder and cook well until the masala mix well and oil separates. meanwhile drain water completely from chickpea and put them in to the cooker and mix for a while. Now add coconut paste and bring to boil. Adjust the consistency by adding water and salt. Close lid and allow 5 quick whistles and simmer for 10 mins.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Suggested Serving: 2 ppl approx